Restoration in upstate NY

t11485
t11485 Member
I live in the Rochester, NY area and have a 1955 Hudson Wasp.  I inherited this car from my father.  It currently does not run so I am looking for recommendations for someone to contact who maybe specializes in Hudson cars to get it running again.  I am also going to try to get information on restoration.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Comments

• Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    edited May 2019

Go to the H.E.T. website.  Join the national club, then your local one.  You get a roster of all the Hudson people in your area.  All of whom will help you or find out who can. For instance there is one in Pittsford, Ithaca, Harford, Rochester, Webster, Belfast, Brockport etc  Email John at xxxlauriefromm05@gmail.com without the xxx  He's is Rochester

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    You happen to live in area of the Western New York / Ontario chapter of the Hudson club, so one option would be to get in touch with them and find out the time and location of the next club get-together.  Then you could attend, introduce yourself and ask about local mechanics and restorers.  Whether or not you join them, you would be well-advised to get to know local  Hudson owners.  Maybe you'll even find someone else locally who has a '55 Wasp.  The editors of the local newsletter there, are Tomoko and Andy Menard,  xxxtomoko@adelphia.net . (Delete the xxx before sending).