Wheel & master cyl. for '54 Hornet?

Jon B
Jon B Administrator
A fellow in our chapter has a '54 Hornet.  Needs master cyl. and all 4 wheel cylinders.

Anyone know if local parts houses (NAPA, AutoZone, etc.) would be able to get this stuff in overnight (as they did for my Terraplane!)?

If not, I'm sure our trusty Hudson vendors will have what he needs.  I just thought I'd first look to see if it's available locally, so he could get started.

I know this has been discussed a thousand times on the Forum but (being a Terraplane owner) I'm afraid I didn't pay attention when maybe I should have.

Comments

• NAPA
    Part #s not for Pacemakers, Jets.

Master Cylinder (48-54 Hudson)
    M3081
    Front Wheel Cylinder (Left, 48-54 Hudson)
    Front Wheel Cylinder (Right, 48-54 Hudson)
    Rear Wheel Cylinder (Left, 40-54 Hudson)
    Rear Wheel Cylinder (Right , 40-54 Hudson)
    Brake Hose (Front and Rear, need 3 total)

Might as well replace:
    Brake Light Stop Switch
    ECH SL 134

The only goofy thing regarding the brake cylinders is that the bleeder screw is metric. Everything bolts up and functions fine. These part numbers are listed in the 2018 Jan. WTN.

Good luck.

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Thank you very much!  I'll send this off to our chapter member immediately!
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Jon all the part numbers and vendors are listed on my website

https://hudsonrestoration1948-54.com/
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    edited May 2019
    Hey Glowplug:

An extra-big THANKS from our local chapter member.

I sent your specifications to the chapter member and he responded that he didn't need them now that he'd found a parts company to send him the master and wheel cylinders by mail.

Turns out they sent him 4 MASTER cylinders!  When asked, they responded they didn't carry the wheel cylinders. 

So the chapter member's mechanic tried the local NAPA for the wheel cylinders, using the car's year and make.   "We don't sell those", came the reply.

He then gave them YOUR parts numbers.  Turns out the cylinders were sitting on their shelf.