1951 Hornet for Sale

Time has come to put up for offer my 1951 Hornet four door. I have just taken delivery of one of those new '53 models, and so it is time to move the old girl on.  I need to free up some capital and space in the stable, and I also have a policy of not having two of the same car. I'm going to offer it here, and on the other forum, and probably on the Facebook page before going to Craigslist. 

I bought this car from a guy in Tacoma in 2016 , who had had it about 10 or 15 years. It had sat for about the last 7 or so. As far as we know, it has always been a western Washington car. It seems to have been saved from the brink of despair a couple of times. When I bought the car, it was downright dangerous to drive. It was all over the road at 30 miles an hour and only really ran on two cylinders. I rebuilt the centerpoint linkage and replaced the exhaust line and did a quicky valve job - I replaced the exhaust valves and a couple of guides. I have since had it on I5 at speed.

Good points:
Twin H
Numbers matching engine.
I sent the distributor to a quality shop for rebuild.
12V converted. Every light in the car is 12V and works.  Radio and clock do not, gas gauge is iffy.
Most of the wiring was replaced with modern poly wiring. It was a home done job, but looks pretty good.
Hydramatic shifts well
Floors are solid
Car has never been hit. The bumpers have all kinds of battle scars, but the body seems to be intact and original.
Windshield wipers work
The interior is surprisingly good. It looks like someone redone the fabric of the car and reused the original blue vinyl. The interior chrome is surprisingly nice. The door panels need some love, looks like moisture has softened the cardboard and glue.

The not as good points:
The tires are old rock hard bias plys. I had planned to replace them with cheap radials. The car sat for 7 years so there is a flat spot that really shakes the rattles loose.
The doors have rust issues, the drivers side are the worst.

There are parts that come with the car, manuals, ect.  Not every part shown goes with it, as there is the 53 Hornet incoming, but anything that is 51 only would go. There are some glass tail lights, spare radio, interior parts, some trim, and I might have a couple of doors and a rear fender. 

Bottom line:  it is a righteous rat rod right now. A good starter car and a better example than any of these:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1951-hudson-hornet/
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1954-hudson-hornet-twin-h/

The car is in Seattle, and I am asking $8500. Here are some photos, I can get more next week if anyone is interested. You don't get the bicycle. 

RyanL

503.510.7476 - leave a number, I get a lot of robocalls and am not taking calls from numbers I don't recognize right now.