Looking for useable stepdown sedan front door window(s)

GrimGreaser
GrimGreaser Senior Contributor
I need a driver side door window to get by till I buy new flat glass. Anyone have one or two? I haven't pulled it out, is it possible to replace the glass and its retention frame together? I think that would be best to not potentially bust up an old window.  Thanks!

Comments

• Just a suggestion instead of buying twice, Auto City Classic,Inc just cut one with the correct tint for my '53 rear side and shipped to PA for $68. Phone 763-444-5880. I have a couple but would probably cost that to ship used ones,I still have the box and packing if you want I'll check. Send address to PM.   Dan
  • GrimGreaser
    Well, I don't have new window channels, which is an expense for another day... so I don't want the chance of cracking new glass when slamming the doors next time I'm super frustrated...  Let me know what you would like for them, and the package size/weight and I can look up some shipping options, and I'll see what I can do.
  • VicTor Z
    VicTor Z Senior Contributor
    Hi GrimG. I can mail you a 45' channel for $20.00 + the shipping cost on the Package. You can use the door window to form the channel, trim the excess. VicTor Zamora thez@verizon.net  
  • how useable are we talking?
  • onerare39
    onerare39 Expert Adviser, Member
    Have you checked with Doug Wildrick yet?

• GrimGreaser
    Victor: I will probably take you up on that offer shortly.
    Pistonfarmer: Not cracked and delaminating...
    Onerare: I've just cast my net here, as it were.
  • VicTor Z
    VicTor Z Senior Contributor
    Hi GrimG. I can mail you a 45" channel, sorry my fingers can't type, nor proof read!
  • I will look at my parts Hudson to night and see what shape the glass is in
  • GrimGreaser
    Victor, I'll get ahold of you later this week for the channel.
    PistonFarmer: Thanks! Most appreciated!
  • I didn’t clean it off. But it’s not cracked , it is starting to delaminate at the top edge 
  • GrimGreaser
    Those are certainly better than mine - PM sent.  Thanks!