Hudson carb swap

I have a 1939 Hudson and just recently did a carburetor swap from a 1 barrel to a Carter 501s two barrel and I also swapped a 1941 aluminum intake for the cast iron one that was on the car. The linkage on the original is very different from what needs to be for the 1941 intake with the two barrel. I would like to know of anyone else who has performed this swap and what did they do to correct it. Any advice would certainly be appreciated.

Comments

• Val
    Val Member
    terraplanepilot, I am going to swap my 39 carb also. I have a 430S 2bbl and at the suggestion of Dr Doug I am going with a 501S. It at his shop now for rebuild. I will however keep my intake. You may be better served finding a 39 2 bbl intake. Just my thought. 
  • That is a good point. I originally thought that since the entire intake and carb was from a 1941, that would be what I need to complete it. Thank you Val.
  • Val
    Val Member
    Sure, glad to be of assistance. Try Kel 39 on this forum. I bought my weather master from him and he has a 39 parts car. He maybe can help with an intake for you
  • OK Val thank you for the lead. I sure need this piece so I can go for a test drive.