Who restores old emblems with enamel etc.

33kc1989
33kc1989 Senior Contributor
I’m courious if anybody restores emblems like one I’m posting.   

Comments

• onerare39
    onerare39 Expert Adviser, Member
    Send an email to our club vice-president, Bill Lentz.  He had a similar emblem restores and it turned out beautiful.  His email address is listed in the White Triangle News, usually found on page 3 under officers and directors.

• There is a company called Emblem Magic who does them. Also a lady on the west coast Karla Maxwell. You should be able to google them both.
  • 33kc1989
    Thanks for tips.  I just googled Karla and found the web site right away.  Very detailed and informative.   
  • Karla did mine for my '33 and it came out excellent. Very happy with her work.
  • By the way, yours looks beaten flat. It should have a little curve in both directions to fit the radiator shell. Also, it looks like you do not have the tab sticking out from the back which lets you mount it on the radiator shell. This is soldered to the badge. It cannot be put on there after the badge is restored. The heat will crack off the enamel.
  • 33kc1989
    Your right Mike.  The one on griffin I have took a bit of work to get back to fit.  This one I’m going to add stud and make flat for addition to glove compartment door or somewhere on dash.