Backend engine of website has been updated

PaulButlerPaulButler Posts: 824Administrator
edited April 5 in HUDSON
I have updated the underlying software of the website. This has brought it up to the latest version available which was needed as the version we were running on has now gone out of support.

This update has fought me a little but all seems well with it, I have created posts using a test account and all the usual things (including posting pictures) work fine.

As always there may be something I have missed so if anyone spots anything then please post in here or drop me an email.

To that end I really need a subset of people who'd be okay with helping to test updates to the site, you'll be given access to the test site and I'll I'd need is for people to do their usual thing. If anyone is interested then drop me a note to HETforum@hetclub.org (drop the HET of course) and when I next do an upgrade I'll let you know.

The appearance of this site will , most likely, change over the coming weeks as I trey to freshen it up.

Along with the main club site I am looking to do a redesign of both in the front end.

Most people may not be aware but the back end of both sites is vastly different to how it was last year and as well as hosting this forum on there it also hosts a few other websites related to Hudson products. The main "new" one is hudsonjet.org which is the site looked after by Sarah Young, that now sits under the hetclub.org banner.

Comments

• Jon BJon B Posts: 6,813Administrator
    ...So, calculating the time difference, that would translate to 2 AM - 4 AM, EST in the U.S.
  • ESSX28-1ESSX28-1 Posts: 1,342Senior Contributor
    Happy to help with a 12hour time diff from UK to NZ..
  • PaulButlerPaulButler Posts: 824Administrator
    ESSX28-1 said:
    Happy to help with a 12hour time diff from UK to NZ..
    Sent you a PM David
  • terraplanepilotterraplanepilot Posts: 54Member
    I still can't upload pictures. It always says upload failed.
    I still can't upload pictures. It always says upload failed.
    I was able to upload a picture logged in as you with no issues.

Can you tell me what browser you are using and give me a rough time of when you tried to upload a picture please?
  • KdancyKdancy Posts: 2,294Senior Contributor
    Can't upload pictures. Getting "upload failed" message. Using Microsoft Edge browser.
    Kdancy said:
    Can't upload pictures. Getting "upload failed" message. Using Microsoft Edge browser.
    I can see in the logs where your post failed Kerry and am looking into the "why's" of it. I have been able to upload a picture under your user id with no issues so leave it with me and I'll go some more digging
    I can post but still not upload pictures
    edited April 11
    Tried again today (Thursday am)  still unable to attach files or images. Tried two different browsers, no luck----
    ??
    Kdancy said:
    Tried again today (Thursday am)  still unable to attach files or images. Tried two different browsers, no luck----
    ??
    This is strange Kerry. I can see the failure in the logs and the error it fails with just doesn't make sense at all.

When I log in as you I can do both (which is of no help to you at all of course).

I will send you a PM with the link to the test forum. I will put that into debug mode and then try to see why it's not liking your uploads
    Paul, I just posted the pictures on the Club forum site.
    I signed out and then signed back in. no go
     I just tried to upload pictures but keep getting (filed failed to upload)
    I tried downloading directly off the camera card and also off the computer. I was able to go to the club forum and post picture with no problems. 
    Kdancy said:
     I just tried to upload pictures but keep getting (filed failed to upload)
    I tried downloading directly off the camera card and also off the computer. I was able to go to the club forum and post picture with no problems. 
    Kerry,

Can you send me the pictures you tried to upload please to HETpaul.butler@hetclub.org (drop the HET) and I will try an upload of them from my device as you
    Paul, I am going to try and downsize one and post it. Strange that I can post on the Hudson club forum but not here. Maybe that is an issue.
    Test post at 4M setting
    test post at 8m setting
    That must have been the issue, picture size. Looks like 8m is the largest setting that will post.  3264x2448
    Kdancy said:
    That must have been the issue, picture size. Looks like 8m is the largest setting that will post.  3264x2448
    Thanks Kerry , I need to have a look at what is going on then as internally we have a maximum size limit of 50MB set but I pull that back via the forum to be 16MB so something somewhere is conflicting
    sent originals to your mail