'53 Window Channel and Seals

Haven't had time to look, does anyone out there sell complete kit for side windows resealing. My right front door gets wet inside when I washed her and which seal should I be looking at for problems,all other doors fine. For now I'm sealing the inside of door panel in plastic till I find the problem. 

Comments

• VicTor Z
    VicTor Z Senior Contributor
    Hi 53 and 54 Hud, I have the window channeling for Hudson's. For weather stripping you need to see Dr. Doug.
  • Thanks for responding, I just took time this afternoon and looked in our club mag. and found you. I need the cost for my '53 Hornet 4dr and if they can be bent. I take it you're talking Doug Wildrick ?  I have a complete rubber kit for the whole car I've been saving for when I get her painted, but have to replace a rear door window that cracked so while I'm in there...I want your kit either way so send me cost with shipping, she heading to the garage Monday, probably be there for a couple weeks, going through her top to bottom, can't wait for my first road trip in a Hudson,she's a real nice old survivor with a chincy (probably Mayco) paint job that looks great from 20 feet. Please send info to dhsautos@aim.com and I can get back to you with credit card info. My mailing will be to Daniel H Seamans, 146 Towner Hill Road, Susquehanna, PA, 18847  
  • VicTor Z
    Hello Danial, the kit for your '53 Hudson hornet (Run Channels Pre-formed) is $215.00. The kit= Run Channels, beltlines for the four windows and the division bars. The package and handling is $35.00.  The total cost is $250.00 plus the shipping cost on the package. I will ship the package with an invoice, please add the shipping cost to the total. Mail me a check. 

Yes! Dr. Doug= Doug Wildrick.

• Sounds great,I don't deal with checks anymore so I can get you a P.O. money order, get it on it's way and thanks,just let me know what shipping is.   Dan
  • VicTor Z
    Thanks Dan, I will be able to ship next week. The shipping will be on the package. VicTor Zamora
  • VicTor Z
    My chincy (probably Mayco) paint job that looks great from 20 feet.
  • Looks real sharp, I'll have to send some pics of mine, I have '54 4dr also, the '53 is still here, my friend who's putting her together is just finishing a very rare '58 Retractable Hardtop T-bird, didn't even know they made one. He got interrupted when he sold his '66 427 Cobra and had to get her ready to go to Australia !  
  • Just got mine out of the barn yesterday, heading to the shop for a brake job this week. Had to show off the weird interior, almost pink and blue, that most people have never seen. All original car except for cheap repaint. I'm trying to decide on wide whites or not.
  • VicTor Z
    My '5o Hudson Commodore with a 308 engine & twin H.
  • Thanks, Victor, parts arrived today and I'll be at the PO tomorrow. Pulled all my old carpet today and found a near perfect floor, so now on the hunt for carpet. I am also trying to decide whether to put the Twin-H set-up I have on my car, all new parts including linkage and carbs.