1947 weathermaster heater housing

40indianssgmailcom
40indianssgmailcom Senior Contributor
i have a new Murray 12 volt motor  which is attached to the fan and the fan housing.  The question is how is this assembly attached to the outer housing?  Is there a bottom plate which attaches it to the bottom cover of the outer housing or do the two cast bends which supply the defroster vents hold it in place through the openings in the main outer housing and the bottom cover when they are connected together?  Hope this makes sense as I cannot find any photos or info

Comments

• 40indianssgmailcom
    Also none of the existing holes in the bottom cover seem to align with the two protruding motor  studs and I will assume it should be grommeted not metal to metal however it attaches
  • Lance
    Lance Member
    The way in which your fan motor attaches is as follows:   The shaft of the fan motor attaches via set screw onto the fan cage turbine.  Two long machine screws passing through the fan motor body attach onto the floor of the fan turbine cage base. There should be two rubber grommits indicating where the machine screws are to be attached The fan base is then attached to the blower housing base via 3 sheet metal screws. . Then the top portion of the blower housing screws onto the housing base. Make sure when attaching  the new fan motor that you allow for the fan turbine to clear the fan turbine base when it rotates. Good luck.
  • 40indianssgmailcom
    Thanx lance I will check for three screw holes to line up for the turbine housing base to attach to the blower housing base and yes the 12volt motors have long studs on both ends so I trimmed those that interfered with the cage spinning and will have a sub assembly together now on the shelf