'52 Hornet interior photos

Troy
Troy Member
Trying to redue interior of 4dr Hornet, with very few parts. Car stripped, unsure of few items, such as rear dome lights, have fixture but unsure how cover fits.
Sad that there are not more photos on the internet of this car era.  Not going total original fabrics, but keeping original look.
Thanks for any help.

Comments

• RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    The chrome cover should just snap onto the base.  There's a seperate chrome cover on top that holds the lens and a base plate that it snaps onto.  I can get a pic and post it if needed.  
  • Troy
    Troy Member
    Thank you, have base plate with bulb, wondering if headliner went behind it or in front.
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    I have made that mistake before.  It's seems illogical, but the headliner goes in front of the base plate.  That way, when you snap on the cover,  the material snugs up nice and tight to the back of the cover.  If you put the headliner behind the base plate, there's a big gap or hole between cover and headliner.  
  • Troy
    Troy Member
    Thank you, just pulled plates off for installation. I understand what you are saying, will take a look and reinstall. 
    Your help greatly appreciated.