Hostetler Cars out there?

Jay_G
Jay_G Expert Adviser

So it has been 6 months since the Auction and my question is how many cars are now running?  I purchased the 1915 and got the engine running a few weeks ago and Sunday took it for a drive around the block.  First time in 13+ years the engine has run and powered the car down the road. 

I have done a mild restoration of the engine compartment with new wire, new exhaust manifold gaskets, new primer cups, and some paint, polish and cleaning.  The only thing not working was the oil gauge and I found a replacement on eBay! 

After 13 years it started and ran very smoothly.  I was very surprised on the smoothness.  Runs as well as my 37 straight 8, with very little vibration. 

The only lingering issue is the shaft for the water pump is somewhat pitted.  There was still water in the engine after all that time.  So the packing glands need constant attention. 

It is a good runner and if I can get through the California DMV process (last thing is to have the VIN verified) it will be out at the next Hudson meet.

Jay

Comments

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    This 29 Coupe was purchased at the auction by Virginia and Calvin Buchanan.  They brought the car to a recent North Texas HET Chapter sponsored car meet where it participated in a 80 mile round trip road tour and was present at the Saturday Car show.