Skills, mechanical and other wise

PaulButlerPaulButler Posts: 833Administrator
edited May 16 in HUDSON
As you may see I've created a new category with the above name. I was prompted to do this by the recent discussions around the perceived dying art of keeping these old cars running and also by a conversation with @bent metal who expressed a wish to post some of his work.

If you have never seen what Perry can do with a piece of sheet metal then prepare to be amazed , those of us that have will , I hope, see more examples of his work.

I have separated it out from the main forum purely and simply to keep separate, that way posts won't get "lost" in the main forum 

Comments

• MikeSheridanMikeSheridan Posts: 82Member
    Good idea Paul!
  • bent metalbent metal Posts: 1,554Senior Contributor
    Awesome!  Thank you Paul for coming up with this idea, and making it reality!  I hope to see this become a reference for people to look at and come back to when they are trying to perform a task on any Hudson.  So much knowledge and know-how is being lost with the older generations passing on.  I'd like to see some of that information captured and preserved here.
  • Richard E.Richard E. Posts: 801Senior Contributor
    Great!  Thank you PaulButler & Perry Spring.  I have asked Rick Perez to post the pictures of "retimbering" the '35 Railton Special Saloon that Perry did metal restoration on.  Rick has skillfully reproduced the rotted wooden coachwork with new ash over the past two years.  Current goal is to have car back on the road by 2020 National Hudson Meet!
  • VicTor ZVicTor Z Posts: 640Senior Contributor
    Hello Richard, I am LQQKIng forward to seeing Your '35 Railton Special Saloon. I know Sam T is Looking down on the progress you are making. Please post Pictures.