Any thoughts on adapting a pcv system in place of the blow by tube?

devindevin Posts: 44Member
I'm considering adapting a pcv system on my '52 Twin H Hornet in place of the blow by tube. Any thoughts / caveats / how to's ??
Thank you 

Comments

• BigSkyBigSky Posts: 257Senior Contributor
    I don’t have the expertise to advise however, I’ve seen threads on it before.  Do a search online & I bet you’ll find something!
  • Ol racerOl racer Posts: 2,446Senior Contributor
    edited March 14
    Ive put a PCV in all my Stepdown Hudson's for years. I use a Chevy V8 Valve and a MOPAR Oil Fill cap 'with a Nipple'. I cut the Hudson draftTube (or remove then put it right in the Side Cover) using a gromet in either case then run a 3/8" hose to the Intake Manifold vacume using a Tee fitting. Then I put a Gromet around the MOPAR Cap and run a 1/2" hose from the MOPAR Fill cap up to the Mesh or Paper filter. To keep against the Filter I buy a short universal plastic Air Filter fitting available at any Auto Store. If you only have a slightly worn engine thats only 'venting' some out of the draft tube this works fine. (However if you have a badly worn motor thats 'puffing' heavily, a PCV may oil the paper filter and/or cause oil leaks.
  • KdancyKdancy Posts: 2,316Senior Contributor
    Ive seen people add "catch cans" for the oil vapors to condense into which helps keep the oil out of the intake.

• GlowplugGlowplug Posts: 1,646Expert Adviser
    Thanks for the catch can video... seems to be an excellent method to capture blow by without having the re entry into the engine.
  • devindevin Posts: 44Member
    Thank you gentlemen for your sound advice!

• jjbubaboyjjbubaboy Posts: 784Senior Contributor
    Curious, would a 36 212 splasher benefit from a pcv system? Being it has 2 draft tubes, would 2 pcv's be needed?
    Thanks,
    Jeff