34-35 grill to fender gasket

Hello all
I’m looking for a bit of help with grill to fenders gasket on my 1935 Hudson.
I need gaskets and the gentleman listed on the repo table has passed away. I contacted WRP to see if they offer it because I don’t see it listed on thier website.
The product they sent me a picture of looks different than a picture I found of a car with a piece showing.
Does someone know if the round exposed part solid or hollow on original?
Any help appreciated
Thanks

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Generally, I'd trust Wildrick Rubber Products, since they work exclusively with Hudsons and ought to know the correct part. After all, are you sure that the car whose picture you saw, was using the correct rubber part?

That said, my own 1937 uses a thick version of the standard fender welting, and WRP actually sells this:

But, WRP lists this as being for 1936-38, so I'd assume that it doesn't fit your car.

By the way, could you please contact me regarding the fellow who passed away, so I can delete him from the Repro List? (I assume it's my repro list you're talking about, and I like to keep it up to date. But unless folks like you alert me to these changes, I get no feedback and thus I keep printing the same obsolete information!) My address is xxxterraplane@verizon.net , drop the "xxx" before sending. Thanks for your help!
  • 40indianssgmailcom
    40indianssgmailcom Senior Contributor
    You might try Steele rubber products as they have a large selection of molded rubber and/or one of the ford parts suppliers which have molded rubber, even speedway has some
  • Hi Guys
    Jon I agree with your WRP comments and appreciate them supporting us Hudson nuts. I was hoping to tap into the experience of the group to confirm that maybe the first picture I found was indeed a substituted product or the original.

But I found another picture that shows the rubber as a wide solid strip. The WRP looks to have cut outs. So I'm not sure what to think yet.

The gentleman on your repo list that past is vendor #31 Paul Fjelland.

And thank you for your work on that list!

Thanks Jake
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Thanks for alerting me to the fact that the gasket is no longer available. I'm sorry to learn of Paul Fjelland's death.