1946 Pickup Frame

I’m looking for a 46/46 pickup frame. Miy 46 frame has a rotted sections. So I have a couple of questions:
1. Anyone selling a 46/47 frame on the right half of the US?
2. Is there a serial number on the frame? I’m wondering if it would be a sin to use a non-matching frame.

Comments

• charles4d
    charles4d Expert Adviser
    On the 1940 Hudson the serial number is on the back top of the frame pass.side not sure  on the 46/47
  • Also, does anyone know for sure if another car frame can be used? I’m assuming not since the wheelbase is different.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    I'm sure someone will answer this question more accurately (I'm not a pickup truck expert), but I wouldn't be surprised if you could use a frame from a regular sedan (if it was the right wheelbase), and then make a few modifications to adapt it to the truck. If there are extra brackets, for instance, you could cut them off the old frame and weld them to the new.

Or, it's possible that the rusted sections of your old frame can be replaced by similar sections in a donor frame from a passenger car. Then, you can keep most of the old frame with its unique "truck" fittings.