Introduction

Hello,

I'm Max from Canada and I'm new to this forum. Having a passion for cars since I was a kid, I was especially amazed by the look of old cars (1930-1950) and all the mecanical parts of it. I remember when I've seen a 52 Hudson Hornet for the first time at an old car exposition in my town and I fell in love with the car and its rich history of it ever since.

Wanting to try to live from my passion for cars , I've decided to look for a 4 door sedan 52 Hornet with a 308 Twin-H power engine in decent condition to start doing some restorations on it, but wasn't lucky so far. While I was on the lookout for one, I stumbled upon this open forum and so, here I am.

If someone has some advices to give for me, feel free to let me know, as it is my first time for me that I'm looking for an old car for sale.

Comments

• Val
    Val Member
    Welcome Max, I'm sure someone here can point you in the direction you need. Consider joining the Hudson Essex Terraplane Club. Lots of good folks to help you in all your Hudson endeavors.
  • charles4d
    charles4d Expert Adviser
    Hey max 
    Welcome to one of the best car clubs in the world contact Gary Lynch 418 844 1784 or Kim Barton 905 788 9610 they are both in Canada they can help you with what ever you might want to do .hope this helps  Charles
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Congratulations on your decision to purchase a Hudson. It would be of great assistance if you could get to know some other Hudson enthusiasts before you purchase a car, so you can look at their cars and get some advice on what things to look for (or look out for!) when looking at a car for sale. They might have some ideas on what sort of prices you can expect to pay. They may even know of a Hudson that is not currently for sale, but which might be on the market in the near future. You don't mention which province you're from, but the Hudson-Essex-Terraplane Club has a chapter in Ontario and another in Quebec. Here is a map showing the various chapters:
    You can find out more about a particular chapter by going to the Club's homepage at https://hetclub.org/, finding the "Club" drop-down menu at the top, and going to "Chapters". Then you can click on "Chapter Links", "Chapter Contacts", or by selecting the region in which a particular chapter resides. You could then ask the chapter representative about upcoming meets or activities which you could attend as a guest, and talk to Hudson owners. If you decide to join a particular chapter, please know that you will also have to join the national club; if that presents a financial problem, my advice would be to join the national club, because you can get quite a lot of information from their magazine, the White Triangle News.
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    edited January 2019