Any new info about Franks Hughes oil filter setup for Hudson

Kdancy
Kdancy Senior Contributor
Has anyone taken on the production?

Comments

• hi - i would be interested in pursuing this . . . to a point . . . i would rather be a buyer of the product!

ed lagergren, nw chapter president, here in beautiful elma wa, has frank's test unit on his '53 hornet, and he reports that it works great - you may want to contact him for info

IMHO, in order to get frank's unit to market, you would need to: (i) get permission from frank's wife; (ii) find a machine shop to produce; (iii) set up a business entity to sell; and (iii) sell enough units to break even or better

i own a '62 porsche 356, which also has stock 15% oil filtration - aftermarket full flow oil filter systems for porsche 356's have been produced, proven to work, and to make a profit by 2 or 3 companies for decades - i have such a unit on my 356 engine, and it works great

i wouldn't want to "reinvent the wheel," so I would approach one or more of these companies which have done this before, get their thoughts, and then take it from there, if you could secure buyers up front for a group buy - and it won't be cheap!

https://precisionmatters.biz/full-flow-oil-filter-pressure-relief.php

http://willhoit-auto-restoration.mybigcommerce.com/wr-full-flow-oil-cooler-kit/

it would be great to have this come to fruition - good luck

no affiliation - no legal advice (attorney as a day job)
  • Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    Just wondering if anyone has an update on Franks full flow system production?
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    Kerry, I have asked the same question a couple of times as well and actually talked to his widow Patty.  It seems the project is stillborn and nothing more than a few prototypes made it out before Frank died.  She said she was talking to a couple of folks but that has been quite a while ago.  I thought that Frank had actually contracted someone to make the castings but they never made any before he passed.
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    I would talk with Dick Riggs.   He is a member of the same chapter Frank belonged. 
  • onerare39
    onerare39 Expert Adviser, Member
    edited February 2020
    ? Ken,  Why would you tell people to talk to Dick Riggs, makes no sense, it's not his project.  Patty has a telephone and would be glad to answer any questions.  Look in the new Roster, page 105, tell Patty that John Forkner said it was okay to call.