What became of stepdownplastics.com?

Jon BJon B Posts: 6,765
In my Hudson Repro Parts Page I had listed "Stepdown Plastics", which made cast steering wheels, knobs, plates, escutcheons and arm rests. The link http://stepdownplastics.com/ no longer works. Does anyone know what became of this company or individual?

Comments

• GlowplugGlowplug Posts: 1,590
    I believe he was overwhelmed by the magnitude of the tasks and even though he was in demand for the products gave up making the parts.
  • onerare39onerare39 Posts: 986
    Rob Fayette from Bellingham, Washington?
  • GlowplugGlowplug Posts: 1,590
    onerare39 said:
    Rob Fayette from Bellingham, Washington?
    Rob is indeed the fellow who started then stopped making these parts.
  • Jon BJon B Posts: 6,765
    Thank you all for this information. Rob has been in touch, and confirms that he's no longer making the parts.
  • DocHublerDocHubler Posts: 977
    Yes, it's Rob Fayette, Bellingham, WA. Rob has many other interests, and I think he felt he didn't want to have to devote so much time to making these parts, so he decided to at least take a break. He announced all of this very clearly several years ago. What would be helpful is to have a poll of what parts that he was reproducing people would really like to have, and how much would they pay for those parts. Making these parts is pretty much a labor of love, as there's not much profit involved in these very time-intensive tasks unless there is some reasonable demand as well.