Wanted: 1932 Hudson Essex Terraplane water pump

422Cuda422Cuda Posts: 1
Looking for a water pump for a 1932 Hudson Essex Terraplane. The engine is a 194 cubic inch six cylinder. The water pump bolts directly on the front of the head. From my understanding 1932-1935 used the same water pump on the 194 and 212 six cylinder engines. I will add some pictures of the water pump I’m looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• HansHans Posts: 40
    Here is a possible lead: At the Chattanooga national, if I recall correctly, a complete pump and a pump housing were available from Paul Schuster of Munhall Pa.
    He has an amazing quantity of Hudson parts and is knowledgeable and helpful.

I believe all pumps will bolt on to heads, 6 cyl or 8 cyl.
    32 ET pump has three blades on impeller. a little narrower outlet to radiator.
    33 ET 6 cyl pump is nearly identical but water outlet is slightly larger.
    33 ET 8 cyl pump has 6 blades on impeller, water outlet same as 6 cyl pump.
    34 & 35 6 pump may have a longer shaft and pulley shiv grove may be a little closer to
    radiator, requiring reversal of crank vibration pulley and generator moved forward,
    There are various pump seal types, Some 34/ 35 pumps may have sealed bearings, or even covered cavity with covers over shaft lubricant.
    Good luck and Happy New Year.
  • barrysweet52barrysweet52 Posts: 395
    Whenever I see something that
    is in demand and hard to find Im surprised that someone doesnt have a few cast/made.
  • HansHans Posts: 40
    If memory serves: a few years ago there was someone doing cad cam on impeller and pump body. He had impeller done and was looking for around 10 people to join in the cost. I ams not sure that I recall exactly the estimated costs, but is seems like it was over $500 a pump.
    repairing a pump could be cheaper, unless you have no pump to begin with.
    Perhaps others will recall who was doing it and get it revived.

• tedted Posts: 18
    Hi Ted here.  A 32 terraplane  and 33 6 and 8r interchangeable .. they r much shorter than 34/35..  al  plus r different  on 34/35.  32 terraplane and 33 need short housing . For rad clearance. I rebuilt  my 33 pump with modern bearing and seals. ( NO DRIPPING). I DO HAVE   REBUILT 35 PUMPS HERE. 2 OF THEM MODERN SEAL /BEARING THAT WERE FACTORY GREASABLE.  LONGER BY AN IN GUESSING.  I HAD ALUMINUN ULLEY MADE ON MY 33 WATERPUMP  WHEN  ORIGINAL S BRAKE EASILY. IF U LIKE I COULD TRY TO REPAIR UR HOUSING. IF U HAVE ONE.  ALWAYS  LOOKING 4 PARS 4 32/33. TED. 5196543144.
  • tedted Posts: 18
    Hi Ted here.  I do know were there a complete 33 8 cyl core engine   unknown  condition  for 5000.$ Canadian .  This is way to much when it likely  needs rebuilt . Pump is on it. A year ago. In Ontario  Canada . 5196543144..