46 pickup locks and ignition

My 46 truck didn’t come with a key. Anyone know which vehicles have an interchangeable set of locks so I might be able to pull the ignition and locks off another car? Or does anyone have a matching key and locks they are willing to part with?

Comments

• charles4d
    charles4d Expert Adviser
    edited January 2019
    I think the locks were the same back to 1940  
  • I should clarify... my truck didn’t come with the ignition either. So a locksmith won’t do me any good.
  • Thanks charles4d
  • charles4d
    charles4d Expert Adviser
    No problem 
  • 40indianssgmailcom
    40indianssgmailcom Senior Contributor
    Might check with a local locksmith to make keys to match the ignition, door, and glove box. IIRC the truck only uses two keys, ignition and door/glove box
  • Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    I bought a Universal Ign switch to fit then used the original Starter Button on my Trk. They make a Universal Switch with a Start Option to eliminate the Push Button if desired. For door Locks I had Keys made locally.
  • If you give me the ign lock number I can duplicate the proper key by code for your truck.
  • I’m missing the ignition. My truck is essentially a body on a frame.
  • charles4d
    charles4d Expert Adviser
    I think what Blaine is looking for is the lock back to the end of the coil part
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Well, Blaine, remember that the pickup truck is based upon the passenger car, and that any old derelict '46-7 Hudson can yield up tons of parts that will interchange with your truck. Including original ignition switch. Watch the ads in the WTN; someone out there will have the parts you need to put your truck back together.
  • blaine, I have the origional ignition switch and 2 matching door locks with keys. If interested call 704 792 911 zero.