Fixing your car

charles4d
charles4d Expert Adviser
What would be your wish to make your Hudson 
Me  get it running and do the interior then maybe change the front brakes to disk and put the overdrive in. 1940 Hudson swb truck
How about You?

Comments

• Paint & inside
  • I'm enjoying the heck out of my car. It's a project, a big project. It's taking me a long time and a lot of $$$ but I really enjoy working on it and just having it on the rack so I know it is always there if I want to work on it. I don't work on it full time, but instead in spurts when it feels good.
    It will be a pretty much a full restoration, engine and transmission removal and rebuild-done, all brakes and lines-done, all undercarriage done. Still working on the wiring then on to paint, glass and full interior.
    I know I could have bought some one else's restoration and no doubt saved money and driven it sooner, but I like the idea of having a project.
    I really appreciate all the help I have gotten from this forum and pledge to try to pay it back to others crazy enough to do what I'm doing! Keith
  • Original Front Grill plates
  • 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator
    edited December 2018
    They don't make a magic wand that powerful - It would put 'Harry Potter' & 'Dumbledore' to the test... LOL!
  • 33kc1989
    33kc1989 Senior Contributor
    Paint and interior.   Right now just driving the wheels off.   Almost have to win lottery to make it happen.   
  • jjbubaboy
    jjbubaboy Senior Contributor
    edited December 2018
    WOW, so much!...
    Glass, upgrade to a dual master cylinder and re-plumb everything new, get the Hornet 11" front brakes on to replace the 10" ones, find some wheels I can use so I can get the original artillery ones widened for new tires, get all the aftermarket stereo stuff in....
    Its a long list, and hopefully not THAT long of a winter!
    Jeff
    P.S. Would love to do an overdrive too, buts that's proving problematic and EXPEN$ive!
    Fender skirts would be awesome too!