Heidi Hetzer: video on YouTube

Jon B
Jon B Administrator
Many will recall Heidi Hetzer's round-the-world odyssey in her 1930 Hudson Eight, back in 2014-15. Here's a short but visually beautiful video of her, recalling her trip. She speaks in German but if you hit the Closed Caption button you'll see the subtitles in English. https://youtube.com/watch?v=yFzBYi9Csas
Many of us had the privilege of meeting Heidi as she traversed several continents. Our local chapter had the pleasure of having her join us at a cookout in Maryland, for example, after she spent several days at the big antique auto show in Hershey, Pennsylvania

Comments

• ESSX28-1
    ESSX28-1 Senior Contributor
    It was a pleasure to have Heidi to stay for a couple of days even if our weather was unkind. What she doesn't say on the YouTube clip is she drives that '30 Hudson 8 as if she was still competing in a rally. On a 40 minute trip in in the pouring rain to pick up a rear wheel she drove far faster than I would have in a modern!! A great lady with an indomitable spirit11
  • VicTor Z
    VicTor Z Senior Contributor
    Thank You for posting this video. VicTor Z.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Yes, an indomitable lady, and she did not treat the Hudson with kid gloves! Which resulted in a number of unplanned stops along her journey. One of the more interesting ones was at an import car garage where they installed NOS rods, then neglected to fill the dipper tray with oil. This resulted in another unplanned stop, a few miles later!

I was privileged to have dinner with her at Hershey. Her presence resulted in crowds at the Hudson booth (at the Hershey flea market) at almost all times.
  • ESSX28-1
    ESSX28-1 Senior Contributor
    It was a pleasure to have Heidi to stay for a couple of days even if our weather was unkind. What she doesn't say on the YouTube clip is she drives that '30 Hudson 8 as if she was still competing in a rally. On a 40 minute trip in in the pouring rain to pick up a rear wheel she drove far faster than I would have in a modern!! A great lady with an indomitable spirit11