Two more dumb questions with pictures.

If they are in the correct order, photo #1 shows a shot of my carb linkage. I already have the accelerator rod connected so I cannot figure out what all the other doo-dads on the linkage is for. Ideas?

Photo #2 shows my installed transmission awaiting the hookup of my overdrive cable. Anyone know where the clamp attaches to allow for smooth operation of the lever? I had it attached to the upper solenoid bolt but the radius in not right. Thanks in advance...k

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Regarding photo #2: is it possible you have the OD lockout lever reversed, and that it should actually be rotated 180 degrees (so that the cable clamp end is up)? If that were true, a more correct location for the clamp (holding the cable sheathing to the transmission) might present itself.
  • keithfullmeryahoocom
    keithfullmeryahoocom Expert Adviser
    edited November 2018
    Thank you for your consideration, Jon. I actually thought about this option, but ruled it out due to a sketch in the manual showing this current orientation. Also, if I turn the control lever up, there isn't room for the floor pan to be installed without interference.  I’ll keep looking for solutions, may have to build some kind of bracket...k
  • onerare39
    onerare39 Expert Adviser, Member
    edited November 2018
    Keith,

Here are two photos of the overdrive cable on my 50 Pacemaker (the overdrive is disengaged). Looks like you are missing a bracket.

Hope this helps.

John Forkner

• keithfullmeryahoocom
    keithfullmeryahoocom Expert Adviser
    edited November 2018
    BINGO! The little bracket is a piece that I had mis-boxed in another area. It is actually one that I had posted a picture of a couple of weeks ago trying to gather where it went.
    Thank you, John for going to all the trouble to post these photos. Your posts actually solved TWO problems.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

• onerare39
    onerare39 Expert Adviser, Member
    No trouble at all, glad to help.
  • Wonderful, Ken. Cause for a lot of useless worry. Happy Thanksgiving!...k