Hudson's at Car Shows/Cruise-Ins

Comments

• VicTor Z
    VicTor Z Senior Contributor
    Hi Jay, I looked for pictures of your Hudson last year. Did find pic's of the other Jay's cars. Se you there!
  • VicTor Z
    VicTor Z said:

Took my '54 Hudson Hornet Club Coupe to the "In-N-Out Burger and Hot Rod 70th Anniversary Car Show" here in So. Ca. (Pomona). I told my self that I will walk the show until I see another Hudson and there were more than a Thousand Vehicles there. Didn't see any Hudson, did see Nash, Kaiser etc. It was costly, but I did enjoy seeing all of those Vehicles there. Hearing the same comments (don't see any Hudson, My Grandparents had one.....)imageimage

• VicTor Z
    Hudson's at Mooneyes Christmas Party 2018 .

My Hudson '54 (Pic. from 2016) and a "51 Hudson Sedan.
  • LanceB
    LanceB Senior Contributor
    Hey Victor, I was the Hot rod In-n-Out show also and thought I was the only Hudson there. Sorry I missed you and your car.

• PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    I really need to get a "like" button set up on here!

Great pictures guys , @LanceB , a gorgeous car
  • Ducor Kid
    Ducor Kid Expert Adviser
    LanceB,
    I took photos of your truck during the show.
    I also missed Victors car.
    Larry
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    LanceB said:

Hey Victor, I was the Hot rod In-n-Out show also and thought I was the only Hudson there. Sorry I missed you and your car.

Lance: Love that GOD BLESS AMERICA flag plate! DId you make that or are they for sale some where I can access them?
  • LanceB
    LanceB Senior Contributor
    edited December 2018
    Glowplug said:

LanceB said:

Lance: Love that GOD BLESS AMERICA flag plate! DId you make that or are they for sale some where I can access them?

Thanks all!

Glowplug, I found that on eBay. Under 'License Plate Topper' There are a couple on there now, just watch prices, they are all over the place.
  • At Richard Petty's Garage Car Show 2017

• Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    edited December 2018
    Val said:

Yup, I leave it in N and work the crowd. 'Wanna hear it run?' The 39 eight catches on the 2nd cyl and putters away. They love it.

Uncle Josh, Yes I would love to hear it run!!
    Okay, email me at xxxcramerlp@roadrunner.com w/o the xxx and I'll send ya a video of a running Hudson 8. I have them in both the 47 Pickup and the 40 Victoria Coupe

• 33kc1989
    33kc1989 Senior Contributor
    Mine with my neighbors mom at a get together this summer.  
  • VicTor Z
    Nice Hudson, what year and engine. Also nice T-Bird!
  • 33kc1989
    33kc1989 Senior Contributor
    33 with 392
  • Nice!
  • VicTor Z
    Hi Jay, didn't see you and one of your early Hudson. Did see Lance's pick up and another Hudson sedan. Jay Leno was there with ONE of his Vehicles a pre 32 Rolls Royce.
  • VicTor Z
    '46 Hudson Pick Up . "Lance's'

• local cars and coffee at madrona park, in seattle, every sunday, rain or shine!

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    At Cruise this past summer in Waco Texas

• VicTor Z
    Hi K and best Friend (Yours) Nice (Great Color ), Are those after market back up lights? I like the sun visors (Sides)
  • VicTor Z
    A Hudson Sedan at the 63rd Holiday motor excursion 2018 Pasadena CA.

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Happy New Year Vic; Actually the rain visors, rear window blinds and backup lights are all Hudson Accessories.
  • VicTor Z
    Car Show in Sweden

• Quadster
    Quadster Expert Adviser
    edited January 2019
    My 53 Hornet Sedan at Minuteman Airport in Stow, MA. Great cruise in every Thursday evening throughout the summer. Vintage planes as well.

• 48Sed
    48Sed Senior Contributor
    edited January 2019
    Our truck at a local show,people tell us all the time they never knew Hudson made a truck.

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
      South Texas Chapter meeting today. We had folks come 150 miles to attend. 

• Thanks Vic thats us at the Excursion in the new"Silver Bullet"
  • VicTor Z
  • bull_islander
    bull_islander Expert Adviser
    That's a nice looking Super Wasp.
    Just in case the craigslist ad disappears, I've pasted the body of it here:

Beautiful 1953 Hudson Super Wasp Club Coupe. Asking $21k

My favorite body style of all the Stepdown Hudsons. I really love this car, but unfortunately our house has a small garage so I need to make a change. This Super Wasp is in fantastic condition. It has a few small body defects and paint imperfections, but they are minor. The stainless trim has been polished and the chrome is excellent except for the front and rear bumpers which are original. These defects are hardly ever noted by the public when at car shows. Otherwise, the body/frame on this Hudson are in excellent shape. All panels are super solid.

Interior is in great condition. Previous owner told me that the replacement cost was over $3,500. Certainly a quality job of a beautiful red and white interior expertly done.

Mechanically the vehicle is excellent. The Flathead Inline-6 purrs like a kitten. If you're like me, when you first own the car and start it up, you won't always be able to tell it's running. It is that smooth and quiet.

Down the road, the Hudson drives very nicely. Such a pleasure to drive. Whether accelerating briskly around town or cruising down the highway at 65mph plus, even uphill at highway speeds, she cruises effortlessly. Everything works. All exterior lights, turn signals etc. Full set of gauges. Factory speedo, fuel gauge and temp gauge all work.

Some basic info on the Wasp if you're not familiar. These were fantastic cars. Very highly engineered, perhaps too much, being one of the reasons Hudson didn't survive. The merger with Nash occurred in 1954. This is a unibody vehicle meaning it has no frame. The body acts as the frame adding to increased strength through the body and also much lower weight than comparable vehicles. The Wasp only weighs around 3,500 pounds at a time when many similar vehicles were closer to 5,000 pounds. This unibody design also allowed what Hudson called it's 'step-down' body architecture which resulted in the passengers being lower than in most other vehicles and therefor contributed to much better handling.

The engine is the factory 262 cubic inch flathead inline-6 powerplant. Bulletproof and reliable. With the factory Twin H-Power option resulting in twin carburetors and air intakes, this option contributed to a powerplant that produced 127HP and 200 foot pounds of torque. In conjunction with the low weight of the Hudson Wasp this makes for a very quick and nimble vehicle.

No matter where you go, this car will draw a crowd so be prepared for that. At car shows, next to $100k creampuffs, the Hudson consistently draws the bigger crowd. There's something about the lines of this beautiful 2-door club coupe that just connects with people. People love a Hudson......and be prepared for every kid under 10 to go, "Mom, it's Doc"! Have fun with that one. The kids love it.

I'm located about 30 minutes East of Sacramento and will be happy to help with shipping. She is a great cruiser. If you are still interested in this car continue reading below. The following comments are from the previous owner/restorer.

"This Super Wasp coupe.is ready to go. It runs and drives great. All the stainless and retainers were removed to paint the car. While removed, all polished and restored. All the tinted glass is in very good condition, window regulators were lubed, division bar and vent window gaskets were replaced in both front vent window assemblies, as well as weatherstrip in all 4 windows. The fuel system has been restored front to back, both carbs rebuilt, new fuel pump, fuel tank boiled out. The brakes were completely restored with new master and wheel cylinders, all 3 hoses, brake shoes, brake hardware, all bearings and seals were cleaned, inspected and repacked, including both rear axle bearings. The cooling system has all new hoses, the radiator was cleaned, checked for leaks and flow, and works as it should. The engine runs great. The oil pan was removed, cleaned, & while down the rear main seal was replaced, new timing chain and gears, front seal and gasket. This Twin-H-Power 262 starts and runs very good, cruises nicely at highway speeds."

"As you can see from the pictures this is a very nice and presentable Super Wasp coupe. It is almost rust-free, with the only rust I could find was in the driver front floor pan. Someone had repaired it nicely, so I didn't do anything to it. It starts, runs and drives as it should. I wouldn't be afraid to get in it and drive it long distances. I have done all the usual mechanical things that always need to be done like complete brakes, fuel system, cooling system and basic engine repair. The engine doesn't appear to have any leaks, oil, coolant or exhaust. I repaired any wiring issues. The lights and turn signals all work as they should. The suspension is in good condition. The 4spd. hydramatic upshifts and downshifts smoothly and cruises at highway speeds. The interior had already been done when I got the car, and only needed a few things tucked and put back into place. It is comfortable to sit in and looks great. I installed a complete new door weatherstrip kit and trunk seal. The doors close nice and tight as well as the trunk. The tires are fairly new and still have the nubs on all 4. They seem nice and round with no issues. The wipers work slowly, which is very common for vacuum. The radio doesn't work, again very common, but is complete and can be restored to work just fine. It would be hard to find a HUDSON SUPER WASP coupe in "Turn-key" condition for the asking price on this car. I have tried to describe this car as best as possible. I welcome your inspection and/or inspector." Reasonable offers considered. Contact by EMAIL ONLY. No help needed to sell this car. Thanks, Dee
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    That Red coupe is Jim Wildrick's former car. It got a complete look see and restoration as necessary, Very nice car.
  • It's a beauty! If only....