My 1928 Hudson 0 Series Victoria is running

I am new to the Hudson scene after buying this car from Eldon Hostetler’s collection in August. I found kits for both the fuel pump and the carburetor and rebuilt them both. Cleaned the gas tank and fuel lines. Replaced the choke and coil that were missing. Went through the electrical system and all other systems. Then came the exciting part, it started. It runs like a sewing machine. I am so relieved because it hadn’t been started in many years. J.R.Hostetler, Eldon’s son, couldn’t remember when is was started last. Probably when they restored it in the late 1990’s. He did remember borrowing (permenantly) the choke cable and coil to use on another car.
For those who helped me, Thank You for your advice and suggestions. Hopefully I will be bringing her to the International Meet in 2019.

Comments

• Congrats on your purchase and welcome to Hudson! Very nice car!!
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    A very nice and unusual car, congratulations on your purchase! I hope you can not only get it out to some local or regional Hudson meets, but also to some local mixed-make and AACA car shows as well. Hudson owners as a group are friendly and very helpful, but for some reason many of them don't enter their cars in shows, and as a result the general public is still fairly ignorant of the Hudson brand.