Replacement Headline - 54 Hudson Club Coupe

Hi,

Can anyone suggest where i can get headliner material to replace the headliner in my 54 club coupe.

Cheers
Andrew

Comments

• duncan
    duncan Expert Adviser
    I sent to SMS auto fabric of Portland Org and had them make me one for our 54 Hornet Hollywood Fit perfect. Ray from Canada
  • keithfullmeryahoocom
    keithfullmeryahoocom Expert Adviser
    edited November 2018
    So how hard is would it be to install one of these for a DIYer? Would an old man with a stiff neck and a stubborn attitude and the penchant to cuss like a sailor, be able to handle it?
  • To do a proper job, the rear window has to be removed. Acme Headliner in Long Beach, Ca. is another source for sewn, and ready to install headliners.
  • Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor
    In 1954, an option was to go all vynal. If you went with this factory option the headliner would also be the same color. Due to the expense of the stock wool print I opted for the factory option in the same style as the convertible. Because my car is a total I had the front and back windscreens removed by a professional. I have broken a lot of them over the years. It all went well. As a DIY project, I would not want to play...
  • I’ll go ahead and get one, then decide if it is something I want to bite into.  
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    You might ask around amongst members of your local H-E-T chapter. Possibly someone has installed one of these before, and could instruct you. In fact, the installation could be the excuse for a "headliner bee" (kind of like the old barn-raisings) a party to which several Hudsonites are invited (hopefully Hudsonites who have done this sort of thing before). This is what happened in our chapter maybe 20 years ago, when a bunch of us flocked to our chapter president's garage and watched him, firsthand, installing an Acme headliner in his '54 sedan.