Vacuum plug for Twin H

JasonNC
JasonNC Expert Adviser
I am transferring my Ampco oiler/lubricator from my single carb manifold to my Twin H. On the single carb, the vacuum line that went to wiper motor was on the back of the carb. On the twin H, there are no vacuum holes on the carbs, but rather on the manifold only, which is where I'm sure the vacuum line to the old wiper went. What threw me was the way Chris Smith attached his Ampco oiler in an earlier post. His oiler is attached to both carbs and not the manifold. My carbs are not built that way so will it be okay just install the line from the Ampco oiler to the single hole in the middle of the manifold?

Comments

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    When Chris installed his Oiler he used the carb baseplate adapters on
    thr bottom of each carb.  These base plates were the plumb in place for the Oiler. 
  • RichardD
    RichardD Member
    edited November 2018
    For what it is worth: when I put power brakes on the '53, I drilled and tapped a hole in the firewall end of the balance tube. But remember you are putting oil in the engine ; most likely get more in the rear of the engine from that end.
    Me thinks Mystery Oil in tank would be better. Fake oiler, if you can't live without it.
  • JasonNC
    JasonNC Expert Adviser
    My manifold and carbs were different. The manifold has a plug that used to connect to the fuel pump which in turn connected to the vacuum wipers. According another HET'er, I can use that hole for my oiler. I could live without it Richard, but I paid for it so I may as well use it.