She’s alive!

BigSky
BigSky Senior Contributor
It’s been 2 years since I took my 37 Hudson coupe apart to fix an intake leak after starting her for the 1st time in 15 years.  This lead to the “well since I’m this far I might as well paint the engine, etc, etc, etc.... but this morning she's fired up & back to life once again!  

Hopefully I can get the gas tank & lines done shortly then on to the brake system, a new clutch & fixing what’s needed on the electric hand system.  I’m hopeful she’ll be done by early spring.  I will try to up-load the video I took this morning but I’m not too hopeful it will happen.  Either way I will also upload a couple pictures of before & after.    

Thanks for everyones help getting me this far, I sincerely appreciate it!!!

Comments

• Val
    Val Member
    Nice!! I wish you continued success! I love the 37 cars as much as the 39's
  • GrimGreaser
    GrimGreaser Senior Contributor
    Seems appropriate:
    https://youtu.be/0VkrUG3OrPc
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    If you want to open up your gas tank. clean it and get rid of the troublesome intake screen, I can send ya the procedure. xxxcramerlp@roadrunner.com without the xxx
  • BigSky
    BigSky Senior Contributor
    Thank you Josh!  Fortunately someone built a custom gas tank for it in the past, complete with baffling, etc.  

About 2 years ago that was the 1st thing I did as I began to get it running again; cleaned out the tank.  Once done, I sprayed a can of WD40 in & rotated it every few days to protect it.  Since she’s running again it’s time to put the gas tank back into place & run lines.  I’m really getting tired of the funnel to the hose to the fuel pump temporary system! 
  • 33kc1989
    33kc1989 Senior Contributor
    Amped up.   There is no feeling better than a first.  Start, Drive, and then Distance.    Great job.