Mint 1949 Commodore 8 4-door for sale, Asheville, NC

Jon B
Jon B Administrator
edited October 2018 in Vehicles
This is on Craigslist. https://greenville.craigslist.org/cto/d/1949-hudson-commodore/6718803142.html
Except for a tear in the front seat upholstery, the car looks mint. New paint, but sounds like a well-preserved original. Owner is asking either $29,000 / 32,000
"or best offer" (not clear which amount). It's being advertised by a friend of the owner who's in a nursing home, and the friend is asking for an honest appraisal of the car's true value. From the photos in the ad, it appears that this is an outstanding car in every respect, though I suppose pictures can lie!

Comments

• ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    Asking price seems a little high for a sedan. Is nice though.
  • JasonNC
    JasonNC Expert Adviser
    Is that Ken Strickland's car? If so, I hate to hear that he is in a nursing home.
  • Jason, He's very much in a nursing home. A really decent guy. I know this car pretty well. It has been for sale since early this summer. It's a 8 cyl restored in about 2007. The restoration was done by Junebug Harrelson. He generally only did Corvettes. Ken won several awards with it. Nice car but it likely will be a bit tough to sell at that price for a sedan/ 8 cyl. Not my prejudice just reality.
  • JasonNC
    JasonNC Expert Adviser
    Lance, thanks for filling me in about Ken. I met him shortly after I met you at one of the Dogwood meets in the early 21st century. In fact I think he hosted a meet in Shelby that year. I agree with you on the price tag in light of how much trouble I’ve had trying to sell my 48 sedan. Just sorry to hear that about Ken.