What up with my 1937 Hudson’s Fender?

BigSky
BigSky Senior Contributor
I've always been puzzled by this fender & why its not correct.  Looking at another 37 Hudson’s fender there is something definitely not right about it.  Could it be from a Terraplane vs the longer wheelbase Hudson?  Is it from a different year?  Anyone know where to look for a correct fender?

Comments

• BigSky
    Right you are Ken, however I wasn’t very clear on what I was referring to in the photo.  
    The yellow fender has a couple of differences which is leading me to believe it maybe a different year.  Perhaps 1936 or 38?  

Here’s a photo of one of the big differences, see the area circled on the yellow fender, then compare that to the blue one.  Basically the yellow fender doesn’t follow the line it should.   Hope this clarifies things. 

• lostmind
    lostmind Expert Adviser
    Seems like it would sit further back to match up, maybe for the shorter wheelbase cars?
    if the front matches up to the grille , I would think it has to be 37 or 38
    I'm pretty sure the 36 is a completely different car , never heard of any body parts interchanging.
  • Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    Fenders are hard to locate. Suggest if Identical dimension every other way, have a fabricator weld in a piece.
  • 33kc1989
    33kc1989 Senior Contributor
    I’ll throw this out, maybe it’s been modified. 
  • 2manyprojects
    2manyprojects Expert Adviser
    i have a 37 hudson front fender for sale if needed.
  • BigSky
    Thanks guy!  Sorry I didn’t reply earlier but was helping the kids fix their cars last night.  Sun roof stuck open gets cold when it’s 38 degrees in the morning!   I’ll PM you on details.  
  • 2manyprojects
    2manyprojects Expert Adviser
    i sent you a p m