1954 Super Wasp in family from new. Looking to learn more about it.

Hello,
My name is Daniel. I'm new to the forum here. My wife's family has had a 1954 Super Wasp in their family from new. The car is now in poor condition but is solid and rust free due to a dry life in Idaho. I work in the classic car industry but I'm looking to learn a little more about this car from the experts. The car is in dry storage at the minute but I'm hoping to be in a position to do something with it in the future so any help answering my questions would really be appreciated.

I know it's a 262 with automatic. Everything appears to be there but a lot of the light lenses were shot out with BB guns in the 90's. I will need to source both tail light lenses, both front side light lenses and the centre grille emblem. Also missing the letter 'D' from the hood.

My first question. What is the colour. The paint on the outside is completely bleached. The paint in the engine bay appears to be a metallic green/blue. Please see photos. Could somebody identify the colour and what it was called from the factory?
imageimage

Comments

• bull_islander
    bull_islander Expert Adviser
    You can get all your lenses at partsbyemc.com
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Older comment from this Forum will assist you in your quest for paint. 

• onerare39
    onerare39 Expert Adviser, Member
    See if the underside of the trunk matches any of these.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Assuming you intend to hold onto this car, you might want to consider joining the Hudson-Essex-Terraplane Club, because it's an excellent clearinghouse for finding parts, technical and historic information, and for connecting with a network of enthusiasts around the world. There's an award-winning magazine (printed) that comes out 6 times a year, and members can access all sorts of manuals and other literature through the Club's web library. The website is at https://hetclub.org/ Feel free to ask as many questions as you like on the Open Forum (which is maintained by the Club), the hundreds of forum members have a lot of Hudson knowledge!