hydramatic in Pacemaker

Just as a point of interest, has anyone ever seen a hydramatic transmission in a 51 or a 52 Pacemaker? I know they didn't come that way as an option from the factory but I was wondering if there were any dealer installed jobs out there. Just curious.

Comments

• Not a pacemaker but I have seen one in a 51 hornet. Not sure if it was stock or not.
  • Club Coupe
    Club Coupe Expert Adviser
    I have a 51 Pacemaker Club Coupe that I have owned for well over 45 years and it has the hydramatic. Merritt Marks once told me that the last run for the 51 Pacemaker had a few made with the hydramatic and that mine was only the second one that he had ever seen. Turned out that it was the same car that he had first seen on his mail route. Small world, I guess.
  • You own a VERY rare bird but I guess you know that. Only proving yet again that there were no production rules set in concrete for Hudson!
  • Club Coupe
    Club Coupe Expert Adviser
    Thanks Lance. The transmission has never been rebuilt and still works fine. If you're ever in the middle Tennessee area I'd be more than happy to show it to you. 52,000 original miles.
  • Thanks I well may take you up on that!
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Pictures?