HUDSONKID check-in

Wow, where does the time go? So, lurk here on occasion, but getting serious about getting the hudson back going. Got it out of storage a few months back, engine stuck, no luck getting it to rotate, so I found a supposedly rebuilt motor, a 50 motor nonetheless, with a trans, and misc other parts for $200. The engine turned, but no compression. It felt like it had pressure, pulled the head, the head bolts were not "tight" and the head gasket looked new. It's clean, no ridge, no taper. So I suspect a clean up, possible rings. I'm going to do a valve job, and maybe pull the pan, and bolt on the twin h' and the OD trans, put it in the car, see what I get! I got almost all of the brake components, new MC, all new WC, and hoses, still on the fence to order a stainless preformed line set from Inline Tube, thinking 51 hornet will work on a 50 commodore. With all new components, and properly assembled, I should be free of brake issues for a good long time. I want to get it running and driving and stopping by years end. Right now, to protect it, and make it look consistent, I sprayed it with plasti dip, flat black, it looks cool, but I will return it to the correct oriental green. Not converting it to modern automatic, nor disc brakes. I'm going to just put it together, and try to enjoy it, and get it looking right as well as mechanical sound. I want to address the glass, I think side windows and windshields would be welcome replacements. So if anyone has a supplier that they were satisfied with, I'd love to hear. Anyway, all is well. I'd also love advice on doing a valve job, lol.. never did one myself, but want to do it myself, I guess. Take care everyone, hope to get on here more often.

Comments

• RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    Well, we look forward to it and welcome back! Keep us posted on your progress.
  • 2manyprojects
    2manyprojects Expert Adviser
    auto city glass ad is in the wtn. great service,great prices.package extremely well. top notch outfit