Rear seat with armrest

airbrushguyairbrushguy Posts: 295Member
I am looking for an upper rear seat with pull-down center armrest for a 1949 Super 4door.
Anyone have one in the New Jersey area...to avoid shipping costs.
Thanks

Comments

• LanceLance Posts: 754Member
    I'm not in New Jersey but I have them. If interested call 704 792 911zero. If you are replacing a Super rear seatback you may need the 3 sections for the seat back. The seatback for the Super is one piece. It won't seperate. If thats the case I can help there also.
  • 2manyprojects2manyprojects Posts: 414Expert Adviser
    why are hudson guys so cheap?
  • airbrushguyairbrushguy Posts: 295Member
    why are hudson guys so cheap?
    Why do people make comments that don’t help the members request?
  • 2manyprojects2manyprojects Posts: 414Expert Adviser
    common sense states you are looking for a 70 year old part for a car that was not a high volume car produced,like a ford or chevy. if Lance has your part just be happy he is willing to share. if you need it you cannot go to your local hudson dealer. at the swap meet at the national this year a vendor had a perfect nos wiper tower for a stepdown. the customer asks how much?the vender says 40.00 the customer acts shocked and with a attitude says i will give you 15.00,the vender laughs so the customer walks away. i was left to wonder if the customer knew what year it was and how long ago that part was made. i,ve seen this play out many times in the 32 years in the club. when restoring a old car it costs money thats how it works.
    I don't recall even responding to Lance's post, but thanks for the fatherly advice...
  • 54coupe54coupe Posts: 89Member
    When I am in a similar situation, Where the shipping cost will exceed the cost of the part, I look through my roster, at members in neighboring states, and look at the cars they have listed in number 4 or number 5 condition that they may be willing to sell parts off of. I also look at a road trip of a few hundred miles as an adventure and as an opportunity to see something new. I wonder if the Crease's in Bloomsberg PA (I probably spelled that wrong) might have what you need?
    Thanks, good advice.
    54coupe said:

When I am in a similar situation, Where the shipping cost will exceed the cost of the part, I look through my roster, at members in neighboring states, and look at the cars they have listed in number 4 or number 5 condition that they may be willing to sell parts off of. I also look at a road trip of a few hundred miles as an adventure and as an opportunity to see something new. I wonder if the Crease's in Bloomsberg PA (I probably spelled that wrong) might have what you need?

I will be going to Hershey if anyone would be able to bring one there.
    Thank you
  • EssexAdvEssexAdv Posts: 602Expert Adviser, Moderator
    BTW 49 supers did not come with the armrest. They were standard on the Commadore models. Not saying you don’t want one just keeping things streight. And any year 4dr rear seat will work
  • 40indianssgmailcom40indianssgmailcom Posts: 76Senior Contributor
    I have dealt with lance on two separate purchases, his prices are fair, the quality as stated by him, and he is a wealth of information if you need it. Parts cost, rarely is the car hobby cheap, and it's nice to find an honest person to deal with