1928 Essex with a AU Holden Phaeton Body

Jay_G
Jay_G Expert Adviser
I purchased this 1928 Essex about a month ago from Roy Marks. It is a nice little car but has been apart since 68 (I am told). Anyway I am trying to put it back together so I can see what I am missing. 90+ percent of the car is there except some of the little bits. At this point I am trying to figure out how the rear fenders were attached to the body. Where there clips? or special fasteners? There are no holes in the fenders for bolts. but there are holes in the body for something. it also looks like there was fabric welting between the body panel and fender.

Any help is appreciated and a picture would be great. I will try and post some here in a bit of the car.

Thanks Jay

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Since this car was apparently built in Australia, have you contacted someone at the Hudson-AMC Car Club of Australia? https://hudson-amc.org.au/
  • The rear fenders were probably held on with clips that bolted to the body, much like 1929 Hudson.
  • bob ward
    bob ward Senior Contributor
    The fenders were made in the US, the tub was made in Australia, the fender fixing system will mimic the US system.

When you say phaeton do you mean a 4 door tourer?
  • Jay_G
    Jay_G Expert Adviser
    yes, a four door touring open car.
  • Jay_G
    Jay_G Expert Adviser
    It is body No. 916, Model Essex, Series Job No. 8702. I have no clue what this all means but it is the body tag.

Jay