1947 Hudson Super Six fuel tank needed

Hello,
When our Hudson Super Six was restored a few years back (in Germany), the restoration shop replaced the fuel tank because it was badly rusted out. The restoration shop substituted a tank from a different car that was similar enough, and consequently we always had trouble with fuel delivery and torque, ultimately resulting in complete fuel failure.
Now we are looking at completely replacing the tank - which never correctly fit in the first place. Based on my research, going through old forum discussions here on this site, Rick's tanks (rickstanks.com) might have a replacement solution. I did contact them but haven't heard back yet. They also seem very expensive; I think somewhere around $600.

I am hoping that perhaps a member on HET might have other leads, solutions, or suggestions.
Thank you for your help,
Christoph Brudi

Comments

• Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    Try TANKS at www.tanksinc.com 319 465 3522
  • barrysweet52
    barrysweet52 Expert Adviser
    Are you sure the fuel tank is responsible for your fuel problems. Providing it doesnt leak, the cap can breathe, and the other connections are OK, it should be OK. Your problem could be elsewhere. Good luck. Barry
  • Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    edited August 2018
    I agree with Barry Sweet, If tank not leaking and its Vented, check the pickup tube and/or line not restricted, ensure clean fuel filter, and if has 4-5# pressure (or squirts plenty of gas out cranking) the problem must be elsewhere.