wiper arms

duncan
duncan Expert Adviser
I am wondering what people do when it comes to amount of pressure that the windshield wiper arms and blades touch the windshield We come home in the rain last night at about 10.00 pm and with the 6v headlights it was pretty scary of a drive the wipers were moving good but were not wiping off the rain.Put on heavier and shorter springs on wiper arms???? The blades are knew. We drove the bride and groom to there wedding reception and took lots of pictures of them by our car. 54 Hornet Hollywood. Ray from Canada

Comments

• Ray
    Use some Rainex on your windshield.
    Great product and gets rid of water on the glass.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    So, when you pull on the arms (pull away from the glass, that is), you find no tension in them?

If so, you could of course examine the spring in the arm, and then make a visit to your local hardware store and look in its stock of springs. (I mean a real hardware store, not Home Depot.)

Or try contacting a place like Ficken's on Long Island (www.wiperman.com), they may have a replacement arm.
  • I believe they sell new wiper arms on Rock Auto, as well.
  • Try ANCO 4102.
  • duncan
    duncan Expert Adviser
    Thanks so much for the help JonB I can lift the arm and blade easily up 1 inch before there is any tension .Thanks ice blade 10 I will try these options.The amp light was flickering so found a new voltage regulator from Standard number vr2 pos or neg. Only differance all 3 posts are on the same side. I put it on started the car no more flashing amp light even when head lights are on. Ray