54 Hornet hydramatic tranny

duncan
duncan Expert Adviser
We had a call from our friend yesterday saying that our tranny was finished and we decided to pick the car up today The tranny shifted flawlessly and I flew home over 60 miles one way It runs awsome    Ray from Canada

Comments

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Congratulations, the journey was long and arduous but it ended in happiness!    
  • Very happy for you, Ray!  I know that problem was plaguing you for a long time!
  • duncan
    duncan Expert Adviser
    Thanks for the kind words and the great help over the last 16 years.  Hudsonly Ray
  • At long last Ray! Congratulations.
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    That's great, Ray!  Hope you enjoy it.  
  • duncan
    duncan Expert Adviser
    I drove the Hudson home 60 miles and yesterday afternoon I went to Westlock with the Hudson 22 miles round trip What a great running and driving car I cant get over how good it works.   To morrow I take the car to HO Down about 45 miles one way for a day of fun. A parade to but will not go in it until the engine and tranny are well broke in.  Hudsonly Ray
  • Ray, DO NOT GO IN THE PARADE !!! You just might get behind a group that are walking. VERY hard on a Hudson. Forget it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Going 1 mile per hour for a mile plus--yeah !!
  • duncan
    duncan Expert Adviser
    I went to the ho down parked the car near where my wife and I were selling our farmers market stuff .I did not go in the parade but the car drove excellant except the hood kept popping up on to safety I adjusted it 4 times loosening every time but now I do not know Does the spring that hooks to lever to pop open the hood need to be there. Tranny shifts beautiful. Ray
  • Ray, maybe your springs are worn? Mine are VERY tight. Wildrick sells new ones, if interested.