New to Hudson

Hello,

Tom here in Buffalo, NY.  I have several 1940's Dodge trucks, and have been looking for the right 1930's coupe for a couple years.  I think I found it, a 1937 Special Eight Coupe.  In searches to learn more about the car, I came across this forum; great info that will keep me busy for a long time.  The car I'm considering has not been on the road for a couple years, so I'll need to go through the brakes, suspension, etc. to make sure it is roadworthy/safe.  Any help steering me to places that sell parts would be much appreciated.  If I get it, I plan on joining the H-E-T.

Thanks all in advance
Tom D.

Comments

• cchancel
    cchancel Member
    edited August 2018
    For a '37:

and many more such as from this excellent list (many vendors go earlier than 48-54 Stepdowns):

Good luck and consider joining the national HET club for more contacts, information, and access to another forum:
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    edited August 2018
    Welcome to the forum and congrats on finding a Hudson Eight coupe!  That is a fairly "modern" 1930's car that's driveable, fairly modern in engineering, and for which parts are not terribly hard to find.  (For example,  a couple of years ago I found that a local auto parts place could order in the front wheel cylinders for my '37 Terraplane, within one day.  There are many other parts that interchange with more modern cars (like the U joints) and are easily gotten.  In fact, the mechanical parts are much easier to find than the body parts.  And within the Club there are a lot of people selling all sorts of repro and rebuilt parts like clutches, rubber weatherstrip, plastic items, engine parts, etc.

I'd "second the motion" to join the H-E-T Club.  There is a chapter -- The Western New York Chapter -- in your area, and after joining the National club you might want to join the chapter as well, so you could get to know some local Hudson owners.  That's helpful, because in a pinch they could come through with some valuable technical advice or even parts, when you're in a bind!  Here's an e-mail of someone in the W. NY Chapter, whom you might contact for more information.  (Please remove the XXX before sending!)  XXXCharlesj64@msn.com
  • Thanks Jon and cchancel for the info and leads.  Still need to work out the deal, but this makes me feel better about sourcing parts.