new member greetings

Hello, I have a 1935 Hudson Terraplane, that I would like to learn more about. 

Comments

• hudsonsplasher1
    hudsonsplasher1 Senior Contributor
    Welcome to the forum. Please post some pics, let us know where you're from and what brought you to buy a Terraplane. You'll get some good advise here. Have you joined the Hudson Essex Terraplane club?  It's a great source for parts and information plus a great magazine.
  • charles4d
    charles4d Expert Adviser
    You came to the right place to learn about your vehicle  and history  of the company 
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Welcome to the forum, Trashman!  If you have the questions....we have the answers!  Whereabouts are you located?  The Hudson club has many chapters and there might be a local activity near you, this summer.  Possibly you can connect with someone else, there, with a '35!
  • Thanks for the warm welcome.  Im from Rhode Island.  The Hudson Terraplane is such a beautiful vehicle!  I will post pictures as soon as possible.   I believe its a 35 by the grille.  Thanks again everybody.

• this vehicle has been in storage since 1992.
  • The car might be a 1934.... any hints on checking the year?   axle codes? etc. Thank you.
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Definitely a 1934 Terraplane
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    edited August 2018
    The serial number would tell the tale.  In many pre-war cars it is stamped on a plate on the passenger door front pillar.  Also on frame, passenger side, in vicinity of front axle.  Also on rear axle, passenger side, toward the top of the axle housing.  Give us the serial number and I think we can confirm the model of '34 Terraplane that it is.

If you're in Rhode Island you're in "New England Chapter" Territory and ought to get in touch with them.  Carl Weber has a great fall meet in N. Attleboro each year.  http://newenglandhetclub.com/
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    I think that vintage has the VIN plate on the engine side of the firewall in front of the driver.  Paul LARGETYPE Schuster has a 34 and could help you. xxxhudson57@aol.com without the xxx
  • Thank you for the info update.