New Here, 1949 Super Six

I will be receiving the car in a few days, need to get the garage ready for it. I don't have any pictures of the car but will post some when I get the car.

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    edited August 2018
    Welcome to the Forum!  Not sure you're acquainted with Hudsons, or a long-timer.  But if you have the slightest question, bring it here.  There are hundreds of people who can give you the answers you need!

Meanwhile (shameless plug, here!) if you don't happen to be a member of the H-E-T Club, and you intend to hold on to this car for some time, do give some thought to joining.  It's an invaluable resource for parts, technical and historical information, and a portal into the world-wide network of Hudson, Essex and Terraplane enthusiasts.  https://www.hetclub.org/

By the way, if you're NOT affiliated with the Club or any of its chapters, do let us know what general part of the country you're from (if U.S.) -- there might be a local Hudson get-together nearby. 

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Getting a Hudson is exciting news for we Hudson folk!  An online source for Stepdown (48-54) information is at the web location shown in my signature.  It is my goal to place information needed to maintain your car on that site.  Online for all since 1997. Good driving and welcome. 
  • Jon B, I am new to the Hudson brand. I have joined the H-E-T club before your plug and thanks
  • Oldfarmer, I will be checking your page out. and thanks
  • restoring or modifying?

• BigSky
    BigSky Senior Contributor
    Welcome!  I think you will really enjoy the group, great people & knowledge here.  What direction are you thinking of going with it?   I believe it’s Kustom Kreeps who is doing a total custom on a step down.  The man has TALENT, so take a look!
  • I will be modifying, as it sits it a rolling shell. I have been looking at Kustom Kreeps build and bookmarked it I can follow it. Don't think I am going as low as he has but thinking of coming down 2 inches in the front and 3 inches in the rear. I am looking a a 322 nailhead, that was the second of Kustoms build that made it interesting. I am picking up the car next weekend, long story there but I may get to it sometime. Thanks for the heads up on the all the info.
  • A 322 will fit nicely up front. You should have more than enough room for it with stock center point steering. Also doubt you will need to modify the floor/trans cover at all.
    Actually might be able to keep much of the drive train. think the Buick 322 was like 220hp off the top of my head depending on the carb. Hudson was what 120hp? Im told the rear ends are pretty strong so may be able to handle that extra 100hp but im unsure what the torque difference is.
    The nailhead will be lighter than the stock Straight 6.
    The guys on here have a huge knowledge of Hudsons and should be able to offer help for  lowering & upgrading many stock Hudson things but if you need pics or help with any other bits shout out im happy to help.
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    Save the Hudson parts for us stock folks