Seat Lever Question – ’53 hornet sedan

Hey guys – the seat adjustment lever (fore and aft) on my ’53 hornet keeps coming out of the socket, but it does work when it’s in the socket – it’s getting really old putting it back in! my guess is there is something that holds the seat lever in place, which is missing, or perhaps my seat lever is damaged – any advice would be most appreciated – thanks!

Comments

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    edited August 2018
    After in place; washer and light tension spring on the end and a cotter pin in the hole
  • thanks - there is a spring attached to the lever - i do not see where a cotter in would go

- where the lever is in the hole, there is no way to access the rear end of that lever (unless a removed the bench seat, and then maybe?)

- i think that the end of my lever that goes in the hole maybe broken off

- it would be great to see a photo of a stock seat lever!

thanks again
  • ratlee2
    ratlee2 Expert Adviser
    I have been following this thread with hopes it would solve my problem as well.  I am thinking my lever is broken as well as it doesnt come out the back side of the seat track.  Can someone post a picture of the lever.
  • ratlee2
    ratlee2 Expert Adviser
    This one on ebay is what mine looks like.  Not sure where cotter pin would go either

• Hudson_in_Seattle
    edited August 2018
    thanks - glad i'm not the only one! (as i thought it was just my bad luck!)

if i could get to access to the rear of the mounting hole, i think that i could put in a screw, washer, and perhaps jb weld to keep in place