WANTED: NOS radiator for our '50 Pacemaker.

We really don't want to put an aluminum radiator in this car if we can find a reasonably priced NOS.  Please email edsel400@yahoo.com.  Thanks!

Comments

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Dejavu: Model and color! Richie Hodge a HET guy redid his car with a Dodge Radiator.  That car is now for sale at s car Dealer in Nashville. 
  • That looks pretty darn good.  We'll go that route if we can't find NOS.  I strive for as much originality as possible, but sometimes a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do, especially if he enjoys driving his Hudson on a hot day.
  • Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor
    edited July 2018

My thoughts were the same when it was time to rebuild my 308 in the 1954 Hudson Hornet Special Coupe.  I wanted to keep it as original as possible.  I knew the modifications that I made to the engine would require something better than I had.  Talked to Dr. Doug and he recommended we recore my original.  We would save the top and bottom pan and put in a core that was one more (3 core to 4 core idea) than was stock.  Car runs great and always runs at 165.  165 is the thermostat that we installed.  I really do like the stock look.....

• 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    I was thinking the same thing as Brownie, why not recore the radiator you have.  It would be pretty much stock top and bottom.
  • May end up doing just that if we don't find NOS.