54 Jet for sale on eBay for parts?

Comments

• 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    So is this a scam posting or what?  Seems pretty strange.
  • 50C8DAN
    I don't mean the posting here but the ebay auction for the JET.
  • I emailed the owner and he said he did not want to misrepresent the car.  It runs and drives but needs some work.  Parts only still seems harsh, no?
  • He might just be saying that to cover his own @$$.  He says that no one in his area has any knowledge on this to work on it, so I think that's probably the issue there.  He's tired of it not working, yet doesn't know how to fix it.  Who knows, maybe it's a simple kickdown adjustment away from being a nice driver?
  • 50C8DAN
    edited July 2018
    Is there anyone in the MA area that could go and check this car out.  It seems very nice but the owner is not very cooperative.  One of the forum members asked for some pics of the under side etc. but the seller had no interest in helping out.
  • The owner posted pics of the underside of the Jet on eBay when he re-listed the car.
  • In some states, I think, a seller is responsible for a vehicle passing a safety inspection when they sell a car. Maybe he doesn't want to deal with that, and is advertising it accordingly. As with any car, look it over real good before you buy.
  • MA is one of those states that does state inspections.
  • This car is for real, I picked it up today along with two spare engines that came with it. I’ve known the seller for a long time and when he’s ready to sell something he’s ready.
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Thanks for the update Ed!  Good Luck with the JET
  • If you are planning to import then check the import rules so that you can avoid any risk & if you are buying domestically then try to visit and check it physically for better understanding of the car condition.