1952 C6 Hollywood

Comments

• Lance
    Lance Member
    I think this car for featured a while ago in a mag called Classic Auto Restorer.
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    C6 Hlwyd?  Yep, rare car. Couldn't be more than a couple of them out there.   
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    Try finding more than one '52 C8 Hollywoods!
  • Interesting.  I love learning about these rare stepdowns.  Didn't even know they made Hollywood Commodores!  

Now that would be an interesting WTN article - the rarest stepdown combos made/still existing.
  • I have a 1951 Hollywood Commodore Custom 8.  I bought it from Roy Marks, and I love it.    Ed
  • railknight
    railknight Expert Adviser
    Wonder how well the body's holding out on this rare stepdown.
  • allan
    allan Member
    Looks like the Hollywood that HET member Joe Phillips from Ohio used to own and drive.  As I recall, great body, tired interior.
  • 2manyprojects
    2manyprojects Expert Adviser
    almost ready to drive my 53 hollywood hornet twin h. motor installed stick overdrive installed. waiting on r. island wiring. have driven it around my neighborhood
  • EssexAdv
    EssexAdv Expert Adviser, Member
    edited July 2018

There are or (were 2 of the Commodore 6 Hollywood's in the club.  One belonged to Joe Philips in Ohio The other to a name I long ago forgot.  Joe used to drive his car all over the place.  It was a great running car with original, although a bit tired, interior. 

The Commodore 6 Hollywood has more of a Wasp trim than the Commodore 8's.  It has the thin belt molding, less stainless overall, the small taillights as well as a lesser interior.

The first Hudson 8 I got to drive was Bud Lewis's 52 Commodore 8 Hollywood.  I liked it so much that I started a long quest to add one to my collection. Bud wouldn't think of selling his and it is still in his family. I did find another one (black) at a north-eastern HET National meet and a red one at Pittsburg HET National. 

At the time, Joe had listed the C-6 for sale.  I gave it a test drive at one of the HET Carlisle meets.  Nice car, but not what I was looking for.

Below is a photo of 3 52 Commodores.  Joes' 52 C-6 Hollywood, My 52 Commodore 8 Convertible and Bud's 52 Commodore 8 Hollywood.  This was a once in a lifetime lineup of some of the rarest Hudson Step-downs produced. (Well, at least until someone snuck in that 'common' Hornet coupe :) )

• EssexAdv
    Here is another rare Hollywood.  This one is a 52 Wasp,  I took this photo at the Auburn National in 2007
  • EssexAdv

Here is another C-8 Hollywood. This one at the Pittsburg National

e at

• tombia
    tombia Member
    Had a 52 Wasp Hollywood, Sold it in 1968, nice running car , Last I heard it was in Osage Iowa and was sold to someone in the Midwest. wonder where it is now? also had a 54 super wasp Hollywood in the late 70's it went to Mason city Iowa
  • 1951 Commodore Custom 8 Bali Blue
  • EssexAdv
    Ed. That looks like a fairly nice original car. Is it??
  • Yes, I bought it from Roy Marks 4 or 5 years ago. I love driving it.
  • tombia
    tombia Member

My 52 was red and white, last I heard Dave Holm had it for sale in Osage Iowa or Decadur Ill. The 54 super wasp was red and black, was fully loaded, but had small amount of rust, to much for the 1970,s, so unloaded it in 1977.