Dells National

hudsonsplasher1
hudsonsplasher1 Senior Contributor
 For those heading to the national from the east there are a couple of options to cross lake Michigan and avoid the Chicago traffic and add a little adventure to your trip.  The Lake Express car ferry that crosses from Muskegon and docks in Milwaukee. The Badger leaves Ludington Michigan and docks in Manitowoc Wis. The Badger is the last coal fired steam ship on the Great Lakes. Travel safe and hope to see you at the Dells.

The Badger's # is 1-800-841-4242
The Lake Express's # is 1-866-914-1010

Comments

• Will be taking the Badger on Tuesday 9;00 AM
  • ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    I am also taking the Badger but not sure which day or time yet. I won't have a Hudson though.
  • Nevada Hudson
    Nevada Hudson Senior Contributor
    Take Hwy 39 North, and you will miss the Chicago area completely. 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Highly recommend bypassing the Chicago Metro area due to the almost constant heavy traffic volume.   If you are coming from a location that leads you toward the city recommend taking I-294 to I-90 to bypass the city or I-39 as recommended by Nevada Hudson.   

Here's the latest on the planned march on the Dan Ryan Expressway (I-90/94).

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-pfleger-talks-preparations-dan-ryan-protest-20180703-story.html
  • railknight
    railknight Expert Adviser
    As one who lives in the Chicago area, I highly agree with tbeike's suggested route.  If traveling through on the weekend, the earlier the better during the summer.  If traveling on a week day, you want to avoid Chicago's well known nasty rush hour traffic.  5:30 AM to 10:30AM and 2:30 PM to 7:30 PM is when it can really get bad.
  • railknight
    railknight Expert Adviser
    edited July 2018
    Heck, I'd stay off the Dan Ryan even if there wasn't an attempt to block the northbound lanes  It often can be backed up with traffic headed into the city (downtown) late into the night.
  • tombia
    tombia Member
    Club all the bastards blocking the highway, cuff them and throw them in jail. Make sure 4 or 5 policemen club that POS Jessie Jackson.
    The information so far has been to help people on there way to the national.  Lets not make this into some kind of political shit storm!!

!!!!Well said, hudsonsplasher!!!
  • ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    I just booked the Badger for Tuesday at 9.