head light lens retaining clips needed '28 super six

I am in need of 6 lens retainers for my '28 super six headlight lenses.

Thanks in advance , or for any leads to someone who may have some.

Sach

Comments

• Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Restoration supply Co have them.  www.restorationstuff.com

• 33kc1989
    33kc1989 Senior Contributor
    Thanks Geoff, I was needing also.  
  • sach
    sach Member
    I ordered a set of the lens clips, only to find out the size Restoration Supply Co. has, does not fit my application. Their catalog listed the clips as one and an eighth inch long and the size was actually 5/8 ".  Are there any other sources available to get a hold of these clips ?
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Why not just shorten them?
  • sach
    sach Member
    The clips from Restoration supply were too short and the wire size too thin. I have made a jig and I can duplicate the clip with spring wire. The original clip is on the top in the photo and the one from the Restoration supply seen below that is the only one available according to the young lady I spoke with.
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Sorry, I thought you meant the originals wee the shorter ones.  Yes, you can make them from spring steel wire.  A bit fiddly, but  after you have worked it out, not too difficult.  You can  always use the shorter ones for the side lights.  
  • sach
    sach Member
    Geoff, I made myself a small jig to help in the bending of the spring wire to duplicate the original retainer spring. I have made several pieces and have extras if you would like to have them.  They are not perfect, but will work in a pinch if someone you know could use them. No cost to you. Let me know.
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Thanks for the offer. I have several spares that I made up years ago.  They are not a high turnover item!