Any Stepdown Sedan 3-Point Front Seat Belt Photos?

hi - i have seen lots of posts about seat belts front and rear in stepdown sedans - a few owners stated they had 3-point seat belts for the front seat, with one anchor point on the "B" pillar - i would like to see some photos of this install, advice, tips, etc - thanks, b

Comments

• I would be interested in this as well as its something I will be doing a bit further down the track.
    Wouldn't of thought it would be too tricky though.
  • I believe Richard Dryman has 3 point harnesses in his car.  You could maybe ask him for photos?  He's active on the Facebook page, if that helps you.
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    I tried to install 3pts in my '54 coupe but the distance from the B pillar to the buckle just was not right so I punted and went with lap belts.
  • RichardD
    RichardD Member
    edited June 2018

These were in car when I got it.

edit>> note that the reel prevents the seat from being moved all the way forward.
    If you are real short, there will be a problem with that.

• keithfullmeryahoocom
    keithfullmeryahoocom Expert Adviser
    edited June 2018
    If this link works--whoops
  • Keith, that's a link to the file on your PC.  You'd either need a link to a file that's hosted on the web somewhere, or to attach the file directly to the post using the button above the text box that looks like a piece of paper with the corner folded.
  • keithfullmeryahoocom
    keithfullmeryahoocom Expert Adviser
    edited June 2018
    Here is one from Ken U, I believe.  I've been saving it for my '50. 
     I'm sure he won't mind.  
  • thanks for these photos - this is very helpful - i haven't seen an attachment point like that on these belts - i usually see a welded nut - i will look at mine when available if a few days - then off to my metal guy to help with the install - thanks again
  • KustomKreeps
    KustomKreeps Member
    edited June 2018
    Take a look at what Kiwis have to deal with when it comes to seatbelts. (one small part of certification process)
    Below is a link to the requirements that must be meet just for seatbelt to let our cars be aloud on the road.
    https://www.lvvta.org.nz/documents/standards/LVVTA_STD_Seatbelts_&%20Seatbelt_Anchorages.pdf

May seem a bit OTT but it keeps our cars safe I guess. And its kinda handy to know what thickness steel to use where. Rivets to attach I would be instant fail here.
  • thanks very much!
  • Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    Ken, where did you purchase the B piller nut plate ?
  • OMG, Kustom, this is giving me a headache!

• SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    OMG ...me too. All this to protect ourselves from.... our selves! and I thought our government was over bearing!
  • hi checked on my hornet today and the upholstery on the B pillar is formidable - my first rule when working on cars is "don't break it" so i may seek some professional assistance (not psychological) to finish this project - thanks again!