1939 Hudson Six fuel pump installation help needed

Val
Val Member
I am installing a new fuel pump on my 39. This will be the 4th time with the same pump as it keeps leaking oil at the base. I have a new gasket stack up from Doug. I am told put ultra copper on the block, place gasket then spread small bead of ultra copper on front side of gasket and place metal piece and also spread small bead on front face of metal and on face of pump. To install pump and snug bolts. Wait about 20 minutes and then tighten bolts. Any more suggestion as I am running out of ideas to keep it from leaking.   

Comments

• Are you sure that it’s the base gaskets leaking and not the pump vent? A bad pump can leak oil out  through the vent.
  • Val
    Val Member
    Not sure, it is a pump I got from Dale so I would hope it isn't a bad one. But anything mechanical can and will fail. I did as instructed by Kyle at wildricks and in following the instructions on the ultra copper I have to wait until tomorrow to run it and leak check it. Hope for the best!  
  • Val
    Val Member
    Ok I have come to the conclusion that it must be the pump and vent as 29sptphaeton has stated. I have sent Dale Cooper an email requesting an exchange. 
  • Val
    Val Member
    Spoke with Dale today. he said he will drop one in the mail today for me. Great guy!!!