One day in 1938...

the first owner of this then new 1938 Terraplane took a satisfying ride in his new car. Now 80 years hence I got to repeat the venture. The reactions were likely the same. People give a double take, smile and offer a 'thumbs up' to the stranger driving a car that stands out from the masses. It's certainly an attention magnet. Driver's of late model sports cars concede their popularity by watching the Terraplane pass by causally and  quietly, almost like a parade watching where ever it goes. 

Comments

• Val
    Val Member
    Nice, I get the same thing when I drive my 39. Your 38 is beautiful 
  • I had the same reaction in my '37.  On occasion, other drivers would signal me to pull over, than ask me what it was and what I wanted for it.  Nice '38!
  • Thanks guys^^^^^^^
    I drove it over to visit a WW-2 Veteran I know. At age 91 he remains very sharp. The instant he came outside he recognized the Terraplane sitting in his driveway and called it by name, adding that he had one back in the day. Of course we took a ride just for the sake of nostalgia! I'm certain that made his day and I know it made mine. 
  • PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    Always used to amaze me over here in the UK when I had my '39 112 how many "old 'uns" would wander across and say "I used to drive a Hudson" or "my father/brother/uncle used to have one"

For such a "niche" car in the UK lots of people had some serious affection for them!

Your's is a lovely looking car indeed and I'm glad you're getting chance to drive and enjoy it